Extension and alterations to Braemor Road, Dublin
After and Before images for this extension and alterations project.
This project was designed by architect and actor Sean Duggan for he and his wife Karen Scully. Paul McNally Ecological Architect was employed to carry out the detail design, specification and on-site contract administration.
The works were;
- A garage was converted
- solar hot water installed
- internal and external insulation installed
- managed ventilation was installed
- the rear of the house was extended
- windows were replaced with untreated Iroko joinery by McNally joinery
- the ground floor was insulated and underfloor heating installed
- electrical and plumbing completely upgraded
Interested in something similar? Call me on 021 2429455 for a cost plan!
Structural design by David Maher and Associates.
‘We found Paul to be excellent. He guided us through the design and construction of our new house with a calm professionalism that we found reassuring. His knowledge of the industry is first class and his dealings with the contractor were as firm and evenhanded as you could expect. The project was delayed only slightly by the worst December on record and any budget over-run was of our making. At every stage we were confident in the advice we were receiving and of Paul’s ability to deliver on his promises. We are delighted with our new house and we would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.‘
Seán Duggan and Karen Scully, clients for Braemor Road
Contractor, Drumlargan Construction Ltd., Summerhill Meath.