This building is now on site. See here for latest progress blog.
We are very excited about the Passive House Pharmacy project in Clonmel, Ireland’s first. PassivHaus pharmacies have been constructed in Austria, but this represents a further roll-out of the passivhaus energy performance for all building types in Ireland.
We have obtained planning permission, fire safety certificate, Disability Access Certificate and have produced the tender package and are awaiting return of tenders as of August 2013. We hope to start demolition in September.
This building will have
- about 1/10th the energy consumption of a comparable new-build retail unit
- high efficiency store lighting
- heat recovery ventilation
- heat pump heating and hot water
- high daylight levels in the shop floor
Thinking this might work for your project?
Call me today 021 2429455 for a cost estimate!
- Carried out Thermal Bridge calculations in Therm and Psi-Base
- carried out detailed energy performance design on this project, prior to lodging the planning application
- We have worked with Mosart on calculations and thermal bridge detailing, whilst doing our own Therm and Psi-base thermal bridge calculations
- The PassivHaus Institute in Germany has assisted in calculating the additional ventilation losses of automatic doors
- consulted with Wain Morehead architects on accurate climate calculations for Clonmel